Friday 19 August 2011

Interview with top make-up artist MIchelle Anderson!

Number: 0879668595
Email: michelleanderson80@gmail.com
Facebook Search: Michelle Anderson Makeup


1. What is the 1 make-up product you couldn't live without?

I love Lancome Juicy tubes lipgloss, specially during the summer over Rimmel's hot pink lippy in 004 Indulgence, I just had to squeeze in the sneaky second product ;)

2. What is your Beauty routine?I cleanse and moisturise twice a day with a face mask and exfoliator three times a week, I love a rich moisturiser so I use Olay Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer SPF 30,  It's fantastic  and a great base for make-up, I then use Elizabeth Arden 8hour cream on my lips just after I moisturise. Warm water with lemon and lime in the morning is a great way to lightly detox and start the day also.

3. What do you think of cheaper brands such as Essence and Catrice?

I'm not one bit snobbish about these brands, I think they are hip, funky and fresh... I love their limited edition products and their stands always catch my eye. I have been using Essence brow pencil in brown for over a year now and I just love it as I like my eyebrows to be very sharp and shaped, this pencil is the perfect texture to achieve my desired  result and at €2.99 its a steal! I find Catrice eyeshadow has much better pigmentation than Essence and I have a couple of them in my kit which I am very happy with.

4. Where did you study?

I studied in Cavan institute of further education with ITEC for two years along with Fashion Management, Hairstyling and Fine Art.

5. Did you always want to me a make-up artist?

No, I always had a passion for art and fashion in school and as I was undecided what I wanted to do once I reached my leaving cert I applied for a beautician course as my aunt was a beautician and I always fancied the idea of it more than anything at the time, However my love of Fashion and Art shone through on the day of my interview and I was referred to a makeup course.. I haven't looked back since.

6. Any advice for budding make-up artists?

Its tough and by no means glamorous. You really have to put in the work to attract and keep clients, Maintain several portfolio's and always stay current. Always say yes to every job and throw yourself into the deep end no matter how much it may scare you, there have been many times when I had just finished my studies where I got so nervous I just wanted to run away from the job but I embraced the nerves and stuck at it! And most importantly never follow the crowd, let your work describe who are are not only as a makeup artist but as your own individual self, It's so much more rewarding.

7. If you had 5 minutes to get ready what make-up products would you use?

Living on the go, this has often happened me and here's my quick fix list in order off application;

M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish natural powder all over the face,
Clinique light gold eyeshadow all over the lid up to the brow bone and under the bottom lash line with two colour shades darker on the crease and outer corner of the eye.
Lancaster natural powder illuminator on upper cheek bones and nose
Clinique in fresh bloom under the cheek bones
Smashbox Blush rush on the apples of the cheeks
M.A.C golden bronzer used to define my jawline and temples and blend my cheekbone colours together.
Clear mascara on eyebrows and lashings of Maxfactor MasterpieceMax mascara on my lashes.
Too finish, Rimmel 004 hot pink lippy on my lips and grab the closest Juicy tube lipgloss before I miss the train!!

Thank you Michelle.

2 comments: