Tuesday 23 August 2011

Interview of the week with Anne Morgan, Director of Absolute the Agency!




1. What is your skin care regime like?
It has improved a lot! I used to be very lazy but I've started taken much better care of my skin now. I cleanse with Clarins One Step Cleanser with orange extract and use Rosewater as a toner. I only use products with natural oils because they work best on my skin. I moisturise every other day

2. What are your Top 3 favourite make-up products?
I swear by Dior's blackout mascara I've never found anything else comparable. I also love Armani foundation and I'm a huge fan of Illamasqua products, particularly their lipglosses - the colours are so vibrant and strong!

3. Do you think that Irish girls wear too much make-up?
How do I answer this without sounding hypocritical?! Yes, I think we do. I think everyone wears makeup for different reasons. I wear a lot but not for anyone else, for myself because I love experimenting with makeup and trying out new ranges and colours. But a lot of girls rely on it for the wrong reasons. Makeup should not look like a mask a girl hides behind it should be used to emphasize a persons strongest features. Irish girls have beautiful porcelain skin though so they shouldn't rely on it too much.

4. Do you have any advice for young girls who dream of being a top model?
Modelling isn't a hobby. If you perue modelling because you want a glamorous lifestyle you are going down the wrong path. Of course it can be fun but modelling is like any job, its hard, hard work. You face a lot of criticism so you need to be able to find a way to deal with this constructively and make it work for you not against you. Finding the perfect model  isn't easy for any model agent but if you can prove that you are reliable, professional and willing to work hard you will find far more doors will open for you. Of course a good agency will make all the difference to fulfilling your dreams so always do your research. Find an agency that will appreciate your look and work with it rather than constantly trying to change it and make you something you are not. And work out what kind of model you want to be (catwalk / editorial / promotional) and find an agency specifically known for excelling in this area. Reputation is crucial.

5. If you had 5 minutes to get ready what make-up products would you use?
Mac studio fix for my foundation, Dior Blackout Mascara on my eyes and Clarins Instant Light lipgloss.

6. Are there any Celeb's whose make-up look you like?
Right now I love Mila Kunis. Her look is amazing and her makeup is always flawless.

7. Do you spend a lot of money on make-up?
I used to but I have definitely relaxed! Now I would rather invest in skincare products although I genuinely believe you should spend money on a good foundation if you plan on wearing it everyday. But no makeup will look worth the money you spend on it if your skin isn't in good condition so start with that first.

8. Are there any budget make-up products that you would recommend?
I used to spend a fortune on Mac eyeshadows. Nowadays you really don't have to. I love Barry M eyeshadows, they are inexpesnive, have amazing pigment and the little pots last for months! Rimmel are also great for eyeliner, either pencil or liquid. And I SWEAR by Rimmel's loose powder. I have used all kinds of expensive brands and I always come back to this!

9. Do you wear False Eyelashes and if so which ones do you like?
I'm actually very lucky that I have long eyelashes so the only time I ever wore them was when I was doing a photoshoot or on the odd night out. I actually used to love the Girls Aloud eyelashes! I use a heated eyelash curler and my Dior mascara when I go out now and no one notices the difference.

10. Do you advise your models on how much make-up to wear to jobs?
Well because Absolute the Agency focuses more on the fashion side of the industry like shows and photoshoots rather than presscalls our models are usually lucky enough to have a makeup artist on hand to do all the hard work! If on occasion the girls do have to do their own makeup they are told to keep it as simple as possible. When meeting clients for example,  I prefer them to wear tinted moisturiser if they need a base, one coat of mascara and a very natural coloured lipgloss. I want my girls to embrace what they have. Models are expected to look natural and have good skin - clients need to see them as a blank canvas so I generally don't think you should make their job harder by sending a girl in with a face full of makeup. What you see is what you get with our models and that really serves them well.

http://www.absolutetheagency.com/
email: anne@absolutetheagency.com
office: +353 1244 7323
mobile: 087 9335170

Thank you Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment