Thursday 15 September 2011

Exclusive Interview with Rachel from Faces Cosmetics Ireland!!!

1. How is Faces Cosmetics different to other brands?
Faces products are unique due to the fact that we produce and manufacture our own products, enabling us to react quickly to market trends. The diversity & depth of our colour range appeals to all skin tones

2. Is Faces popular with a particular age group?
We really appeal to all ages as we have such a wide range of products, ranging from highly pigmented mineral eye shadows, popular with our younger clientele, to highly innovative anti-ageing foundations which are extemely popular with our mature clients. With something to suit everyone in between.

3. You seem to have a huge following among make-up artists and make-up students. Why do you think this is so?
Professionals within the Industry love the products, as they work simple as that! They get great natural coverage from our foundations, which are HD foundations, meaning they work well with cameras, so great for photo shoots and weddings etc... The eye shadows, blushers and lipsticks have loads of pigment so they get the desired effect straight away.
Also we have amazing kits and palettes that the professional/student customises themselves, therefore none of these kits where you end up with colours you don't want or have already - you get to choose exactly what you want. We do refillable palettes of foundation, powders, eye shadows, blushers, lipsticks, lip glosses and concealers, which help keep kits compact so its easily carried around.

4. What are your top 3 most popular products?
Oh that's a hard one.....
  • Mineral Perfection - an amazing mineral cream to powder foundation which instantly smoothes out lines. Both make-up artists and customers adore this!
  • Sheer Glow Mineral Powder - which is my personal favourite! Great coverage, feels like you have nothing on, SPF25 and water resistant, what more could I ask of my foundation
  • Eye Shadows - 125 colours to choose from, amazing pigment and staying power, available in a great range of palette options, all of them refillable

5. Do you wear much makeup yourself?
My make-up routine is the same on a night out as it is in work and on me, I rather the natural look. I focuse mainly on my eyes, some combination of matte brown colours, black eyleliner inside my rims and mascara, I like them dark but have a phobia about anything above the crease of my eye. Its become a joke with all the make-up artists who work for Faces. Then it is just my faithful Sheer Glow and perhaps a Coral lipstick. For night time if I am feeling adventurous add some blusher. I get to use my creativity on my very willing customers:-)

6. What made you decide to purchase the Faces Franchise?
I left Ireland to go travelling for 2 years, knowing that when I came home I would set up my own business in the Make-up Industry, but I didn't really know exactly what. Having your own make-up store is every little girl's dream, I am sure, but I never imagined that it would ever happen to me. Then on my travels I discovered Faces Cosmetics and fell in love with the products, which all agreed with my hyper-sensitive skin. When I came home I researched other brands but the quality never came close to what I had experienced wiht Faces.  Faces don't advertise a lot, they do it all very quietly, but for me quality always wins. I then set about gaining the Franchise for Ireland and things happened very quickly but with a lot of hard work and determination.

7. Do you have any advice for those wishing to become a make-up artist?
Get as much experience as possible, which will mean working for free. Be greatful of this experience as you never know where it might lead or who you'll meet which could lead to future work. Most importantly be easy going and nice to everyone. No one needs a moan on a long shoot or a Bride does not want to be made uncomfortable on her big day. A lot of make-up artists will be self-employed, this is hard work and there is a lot of competition out there, but if you are dedicated it is so great to be able to say you are doing a job you love.

8. If you had 5 minutes to get ready what Faces products would you apply?
  • Sheer Glow all over
  • Faces waterproof black eyeliner inside my rims and smudged underneath my eyes
  • Metaliglow on my cheeks to give me a glow

9. Any plans to open anywhere else in Ireland?
Currently I am very busy with the distribution end of things, supplying to colleges, students, make-up artists, etc...but as we are a franchise business we are currently speaking to perspective franchisee's around the country.

10. Any special offers at the moment?
Our pigment pots are amazing value at the moment:
5 - €25, 6 - €30, 8 - €35, you choose the colours
A palette of 5 eyeshadows is on offer at €48
If you buy any foundation or powder, we give you  a concealer worth €15 FREE

Our palettes and kits are always amazing value and if you are interested please contact me directly at facescosmeticsirl@gmail.com  for further information.

Add us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=106445876060995#!/profile.php?id=100001991237560

Thanks so much Rachel!

No comments:

Post a Comment